Last updated: August 7, 2023
How We Collect Personal Information
We may collect a variety of personal information from or about you or your devices from various sources, as described below. If you do not provide your personal information when requested, you may not be able to use our Services if that personal information is necessary to provide you with our Services or if we are legally required to collect it.
A. Personal Information You Provide to Us.
When you sign up for an account to use our Services, we will ask you for your personal information, including your first and last name, email address, phone number, username, and password.
Information Provided by your use of the Services and EMS Suit
Once you begin using the Katalyst Training System, we may collect additional personal information about you, including your weight, height, date-of-birth, gender, fitness profile (including your fitness goals and activity levels), and information about your workouts provided to us by your EMS suit. We may also collect additional biometric information please review our Biometric Privacy Notice here.
When you purchase products or Services from us, we will collect personal information from you including your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and sizing and body information such as your size, height, weight, and age. Your credit card information, billing information, or any other financial information necessary to complete your purchase (“Payment Information”) is processed by our third-party payment processors, and we do not collect, store, or process your Payment Information. For more information, please see the “Payment Processors” section below.
If you contact us directly, we may receive additional personal information about you. For example, when you contact us for support, we will receive your [first and last name, email address, and the contents of your communication]. If you subscribe to our marketing communications, we will collect personal information from you such as your [name and email address]. When we send you emails, we may [track whether you open them to learn how to deliver a better customer experience and improve our Services].
If you decide to apply for a job with us, you may submit your contact information and your resume online. We will collect the personal information you choose to provide on your resume, such as your education and employment experience. You may also apply through certain third-party websites. If you do so, we will collect the personal information you make available to us through those websites.
B. Personal information We Collect When You Use our Services.
When you use our Services, if you allow us, we may collect location-based information including your Internet Protocol (IP) address, city, region, and country. We use location-based information to enhance your user experience, provide you with information on workout trends in your region, and to better understand where and how you and others are using our Services.
We receive information about the device and software you use to access our Services, including your IP address, web browser type, operating system version, phone carrier and manufacturer, application installations, device identifiers, geolocation information, mobile advertising or similar identifiers, and push notification tokens.
To help us understand how you use our Services and to help us improve them, we automatically receive information about your interactions with them, such as [the pages or other content you view, the content you post, the information you upload, the searches you conduct, the length of time you spend on a page, objects such as hyperlinks you click on, and the dates and times of your visits].
Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. Some Cookies are strictly necessary to make our Services available to you. We cannot provide you with our Services without this type of Cookies.
- Functional Cookies. Functional Cookies are used to recognize you when you return to our Services. This enables us to adapt our content for you and remember your preferences. For example, we use functional Cookies to remember your choice of language or region.
Please review your web browser’s “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from our Services, you may not be able to utilize the features of our Services to their fullest potential.
C. Personal Information We Receive from Third Parties.
We may receive personal information about you from third parties such as data, marketing, financing, or retail partners and combine it with other personal information we have about you.
D. Payment Processors.
How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
We use the personal information we collect:
- To provide the Services and products;
- To understand and analyze how you use our Services and develop new products, services, features, and functionality;
- To communicate with you, provide you with updates and other information relating to our Services, provide information that you request, respond to comments and questions, and otherwise provide customer support;
- To facilitate the connection of third-party services or applications;
- For marketing and advertising purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials that may be relevant, valuable, or otherwise of interest to you;
- To facilitate transactions or payments;
- To generate de-identified or aggregated data for our business purposes;
- To send you push notifications and text messages;
- To find and prevent fraud, and respond to trust and safety issues that may arise;
- For compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms of Service or other legal rights, as may be required by applicable laws and regulations, or as requested by any judicial process or governmental agency; and
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the personal information is collected.
Legal Bases for Processing European Personal Information
If you are located in the European Economic Area or the United Kingdom, we only process your personal information when we have a valid “legal basis,” including as set forth below.
- Contractual Necessity. We may process your personal information where required to provide you with our Services. For example, we may need to process your personal information to respond to your inquiries or requests.
- Compliance with a Legal Obligation. We may process your personal information where we have a legal obligation to do so. For example, we may process your personal information to comply with tax, labor and accounting obligations.
- Legitimate Interests. We may process your personal information where we or a third party have a legitimate interest in processing your personal information. Specifically, we have a legitimate interest in using your personal information for product development and internal analytics purposes, and otherwise to improve the safety, security, and performance of our Services. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process your personal information when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
How We Share the Personal Information We Collect
We do not share or otherwise disclose your personal information except as described below or otherwise disclosed to you at the time of the collection.
Vendors and Service Providers
We may share personal information we receive with vendors and service providers retained in connection with the provision of our Services.
We do not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with non affiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes unless we have your permission.
We may share your personal information with our marketing partners such as HubSpot to manage and send emails to you on our behalf.
We may use analytics services such as [Mixpanel, Google Analytics, and Firebase] to collect and process certain analytics data. These services may also collect information about your use of other websites, apps, and online resources.
We work with third party advertising partners to show you ads that we think may interest you. Some of our advertising partners are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1#!/) or the Digital Advertising Alliance (http://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN). If you do not wish to receive personalized ads, please visit their opt-out pages to learn about how you may opt out of receiving web-based personalized ads from member companies. You can access any settings offered by your mobile operating system to limit ad tracking, or you can install the AppChoices mobile app to learn more about how you may opt out of personalized ads in mobile apps.
As Required by Law and Similar Disclosures
We may access, preserve, and disclose your personal information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (a) comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (b) respond to your requests; or (c) protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety. For the avoidance of doubt, the disclosure of your personal information may occur if you send any objectionable content on or through our Services.
Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers
We may transfer your personal information to service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a corporate transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another company or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our assets.
Consent. We may also disclose your personal information with your permission.
You can prevent your device from sharing precise location information at any time through your device’s operating system settings. However, location is core to our Services and without it, we may not be able to provide with all the functionality our Services.
You can unsubscribe from our promotional emails via the link provided in the emails. Even if you opt-out of receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us.
Your European Privacy Rights. If you are located in the EEA or the UK, you have additional rights described below.
- You may request access to the personal information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information, restrict or object to the processing of your personal information, have your personal information anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, or exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer your personal information to another company. In addition, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, including in your country of residence, place of work or where an incident took place.
- You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us regarding the processing of your personal information at any time and free of charge. We will apply your preferences going forward and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before you withdrew your consent.
Do Not Track
There is no accepted standard on how to respond to Do Not Track signals, and we do not respond to such signals.
We take measures to delete your personal information or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when this information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it, unless we are required by law to keep this information for a longer period. When we process personal information for our own purposes, we determine the retention period taking into account various criteria, such as the type of services provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, possible re-enrollment with our Services, the impact on our Services we provide to you if we delete some information from or about you, and mandatory retention periods provided by law and the statute of limitations.
We make reasonable efforts to protect your personal information by using physical and electronic safeguards designed to improve the security of the personal information we maintain. However, as no electronic transmission or storage of personal information can be entirely secure, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your personal information.
Our Services are hosted in the United States and intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use our Services from the EEA, the UK or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. We may transfer personal information from the EEA or the UK to the U.S. and other third countries based on European Commission-approved or UK Government-approved Standard Contractual Clauses, or otherwise in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Services. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to our Services, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
Update Your Information or Pose a Question
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about our processing activities, please email us at [email protected] or write to us at Katalyst Interactive Inc., 8400 W Sunset Road, Suite 300, Las Vegas, NV 89113.